Share Your Love of Nature and Education!
Each day is full of wonder and warmth at the Butterfly House & Aquarium.
We welcome you to join our outstanding volunteer team! Our volunteers come from all walks of life and give their time according to what best fits their busy lives. Some volunteer once to several times a week, while others come in as their schedules allow.
Volunteering at the Butterfly House & Aquarium is an experience like none other in the area!
With nearly 850,000 guests served since 2002, the Butterfly House & Aquarium’s Exhibit Interpreters play a vital role in our daily operations. Interpreters assist in a variety of ways, depending on their interests. Learn more about our exhibit interpreter positions, internships and other volunteer opportunities!
A completed application is your first step in joining our team of dedicated Exhibit Interpreters. We welcome you to join us! Apply Now!
Exhibit Interpreters interact with nearly every guest and serve as a knowledge resource for those who enter the space. They help individuals connect and engage with ocean life and tropical butterflies.
Exhibit Interpreters gain and hone many skills including guest interaction, animal handling (optional), species identification and environmental education with aquatic life and butterflies.
Benefits for Active Interpreters include:
- Learn and interact with beautiful tropical butterflies and fascinating ocean creatures!
- Socialize with guests from around the world!
- Free admission for interpreters and their immediate family members & $1.00 off admission for their guests!
- Positive mental and physical health benefits from being in nature!
- 40% discount in the gift shop!
- Enjoy year-round visits to our unique atmosphere!
- Flexible scheduling, set by you!
- Active Exhibit Interpreters complete 24 hours of volunteering in a calendar year.
Exhibit Interpreters need to be a minimum age of 14 with the aquariums and minimum age of 16 in the Butterfly House to volunteer without an adult chaperone. Those under 18 years of age must have a parent complete and sign a consent form prior to their first assignment. Background screening may be required for some positions.